|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Defence industry leader with a strong focus on career development
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Configuration Management Officer in our team in Cairns, Queensland.
About the Opportunity
We believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated a Configuration Management Officer to partner with our Maritime Sustainment business. This rewarding position will be offered on a permanent and full time basis and will report to our Configuration Manager.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Perform configuration management planning activities
- Perform configuration baseline and configuration change management
- Undertake product identification and control including the product breakdown structure
- Undertake configuration status accounting and reporting along with configuration audits
- Manage data, parts, software and documents in softcopy and hardcopy
- Register, store, update, retrieve and issue project information using the Asset Management Planning System (AMPS)
- Provide customer support and instructions to all AMPS users
- Update and maintain applicable work procedures
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Configuration management skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience utilising the Asset Management Planning System (AMPS) and the management of data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong skills using the Microsoft Office Suite and sound knowledge of SQL
Whilst not essential, configuration management skills within the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.