Last updated 3 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for Engineers to join one of our Sydney engineering teams (i.e. Jira Server, Jira Cloud, Growth, etc.)
As a Senior Software Engineer well into your career, we know you're exceptional at what you do. You take pride in others looking up to, but you're still eager grow and hone in on skills as a Senior Engineer... We place a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise to take on a high level of responsibility while being a role model and mentor to others on the team.
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Drive large, complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Tackle complex architecture challenges, apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Be an example for thorough, meaningful code reviews
- Partner across engineering teams to tackle company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge from your current language to excel as a Java developer.
- Mentor more junior members
Sound like an exciting opportunity? We think so too... In order to set you up for impact on day one, we'll expect you to have this on your first day:
- You are not required to know a specific programming language, however expert-level experience with one or more prominent languages such as Java, Python, C#, C/C++, or Ruby is required.
- Highly-trusted knowledge in at least on domain and working knowledge in multiple tech domains
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Considers the customer impact when making technical decisions
- A real appetite for learning and growing, both as an individual and teammate.
Wait, I don't have Java experience and you still want to interview me?
That's right! At Atlassian, we hire engineers that can demonstrate their ability to learn and keep up with new and emerging technologies. It's true that Atlassian's stack is primarily written in Java and in the role you'll be coding primarily in Java, but we do believe in using the right tools for the job rather than being tied to the tool (e.g. Java). We happen to have a variety of languages within our stack including Kotlin, Python, and Ruby.
For the interview process, we want to see you at your best. This means that during the interview, we want you to code in whatever language you feel you're best at. This will give us a sense of your capabilities as a developer, which is all we need to make an accurate assessment for this role.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.