|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love leading people, building and developing them to help tackle new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges?
Can you do it at pace and at scale?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Manager of Solution Architects to work with our customers and other AWS teams to create cloud-based solutions within our Auckland or Wellington offices.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. Your role will be to guide Solution Architects on how to earn the trust of customers and partners and build on that trust by helping the them succeed and accelerate. In doing that you will have three key focuses
As a successful people manager, you will not only deliver on our credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history” you will love what you do, and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers. Your first passion will be for your people, and you will need to demonstrate to us a burning desire to truly lead a great team.
As a business custodian you will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to make sure we have the right people, in the right place at the right time to help our customers take on the world using the AWS Cloud.
As an inspiring leader you will be comfortable talking to a spectrum of decision makers and influencers, from the board room to the surfboard. At AWS we love how customers build, and you will need to be part of the conversation that helps them build on AWS.
In return, we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud based architecture design. Every day you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and make the complex, simple.
You have experience leading teams, understand how businesses derive value from technology, and be across major technology and business trends. Couple all that with a baseline knowledge of or even certification in AWS and this role is made for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Hiring and developing the best Solutions Architects on earth. First and foremost, you need to be an exceptional builder of great people
- Sharing trends with the market on how organisations are transforming their business on the AWS Cloud.
- Working with customers on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep discussions to ensure solutions are designed to derive real value to them.
- Build deep relationships with senior individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- As part of the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
- Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
- The right person will wake up each morning passionate about customers, their people and the business.
- You will have proven experience leading people and owning business decision making.Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a requirement, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Recent hands on experience building technical stuff. If you love building and are doing it now, then awesome as we’re also hiring Solutions Architects, but if you now love building people, and have the core understanding of how technology works… that’s what we want for this job.
- AWS Certification. Pick at least one of them, we have lots, and they are awesome.