|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have two full time positions available, supporting our roads to deliver great outcomes for the Central Waikato Network Outcomes Contract.
As a successful Driver Operator your duties will include general operating of trucks and other machinery, while also providing general labouring as and when required. Our Driver Operators are responsible for ensuring all plant equipment are serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe manner. This includes meeting all relevant legislation, company policies and agreed productivity’s.
- You should ideally hold a Class 4 with WTR endorsement (Class 5 would be an advantageous)
- Experience in operating a variety of civil machinery is an advantage
- Proven work history with experience in civil infrastructure
- Work well in a team or individually when required
- Be reliable and hard working
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude
- Ideally you are based in Taupo (or close by), as you will be part of an On-Call roster that will require to respond to emergencies around our network contractually
- Show commitment to safe work practises
In return we offer:
- Stable working environment
- Competitive remuneration package with full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
- Uniform and safety gear provided
If you have read this far there is a good chance that this is the role for you, so what's stopping you? Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and search job number 558321.
As a WorkSAFE environment all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test & medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.