|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are proud to be supporting the Whangarei District Council with a range of projects to transform the central city roads by maintaining and extending shared pathways around the network. We require experienced concrete workers to help us deliver to these assignments.
About the role
You will be a specialist tradesperson who is able to carry out concrete footpath construction and repairs within the maintenance department on a day to day basis. You will also be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Assisting with installation of framework and prep work for concrete pour
- Pouring and finishing concrete placement
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Optimising the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of contracts
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
You will be a team player with an organized and systematic approach to the working environment. You will also have the following experience:
- Several years within the civil contracting industry
- At least five years within specialised concrete and form work
- Finishing concrete work to pre-cast finishing standard
- Having worked on large steel structures
- Problem solving, managing unexpected events and decision making
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- Guaranteed Full Time hours – minimum 40 per week
- The opportunity to join a high performing team that get stuff done!
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply
If you are an expert Concrete worker looking for your next career move, register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz using reference number 560432.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.