|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in Wellington, you will be part of the of the Platform-as-a-Service team, a cross-functional agile infrastructure development team. Our goal is to create platform solutions in AWS to Xero product development teams in a highly automated fashion. You will write API-first software to deploy, monitor, and maintain Xero’s core platform.
You will also play a role in ensuring the products that this cross-functional team are responsible for are available, secure, scalable, robust, high performing and cost effective to serve both Xero customers and partners.
It would be great for you to have experience with relevant technologies used throughout the software development lifecycle. Source control systems (Git), build systems (such as TeamCity or Jenkins), deployment tooling (including AWS CodeDeploy, Octopus Deploy, etc) and monitoring tools (like Cloudwatch and New Relic).
What you’ll do
- Develop continuous delivery pipelines and software tools to automate cloud-based solutions
- Create and maintain APIs, website frontends, and command line tools
- Automate and support infrastructure in AWS with infrastructure-as-code solutions
- Continuously improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available
- Implement detection and alerting of anomalous behaviours
- Work with internal customers including product team developers, architects, product owners, and site reliability engineers to understand their platform needs and build software tools to enable developer productivity
- Work with the team to take operational responsibility for their services and to establish processes and monitoring which drives incremental improvement
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation with other team members
What you’ll bring with you
- Hands-on experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Practical experience with infrastructure-as-code (with tools like Powershell, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language (like Python, C#, Java, etc.)
- An understanding of REST APIs
- Experience administering Windows/Linux servers in a highly available environment
- A solid understanding of network services and/or building and maintaining a Kubernetes cluster
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and tooling, including continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A strong desire to automate processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical abilities
Why you should join…
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award-winning product right here in Wellington then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many and our social vibe is real and alive. We're a big part of the development community and regularly go to conferences and host events and we have lots of social groups/teams too.
As part of our awesome package, you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so drop us an email and we’ll take it from there.
Sound like you? Please apply online today!