|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to come and join our Xero Design teams in either Wellington or Auckland.
About the design practice here at Xero
We have some really awesome humans in our design practice, working across Xero’s products in five locations in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA.
In many ways, we still have that start-up feel - customer-centric mentality, a culture of innovation, outside the box thinking and heaps fo variety on our work. We’re a design-driven company and place a high value on making sure our products make a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than a million people around the world - this is where you come in!
Our designers, user experience team and design researchers are working on a global scale, so you’ll get to work on some really exciting projects.
What you’ll do:
- You will get to work on design problems from beginning to end – from concepting the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch.
- You love crafting beautiful interfaces and care about the details at every step of the journey from concept to shipped code
- You’ll work closely with UX designers, product strategists, technical leads and developers.
- You will present your ideas and rationale in conversations with others, and through prototypes, models and mockups
- You will not only improve what we build, but you will also contribute to how we go about doing it, better.
- You’ll cultivate a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people our products are designed for.
What we need from you
- You’re an experienced designer, accustomed to user-centered design methods and best practices
- Ideally product (Software as a service) design experience but we’ll still consider you if you have really strong design experience elsewhere.
- You have a strong portfolio that exhibits a variety of UX and UI design work, with a strong visual aesthetic (which we’d love to see with your application)
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving environment, and you enjoy working closely with colleagues from all different backgrounds
*Bonus points if you have planned and conducted user research, you have coding chops, and /or experience in animation or motion design.
What you can look forward to
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you. Who says you can't have fun while you do the best work of your life?
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
Apply now with your CV and portfolio