|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a Data Engineer looking for the next challenge and an opportunity to work for one of New Zealand’s success stories? If you get a kick out of working with amazing people, delivering real value data solutions and working with the latest big data and analytics cloud technologies, then this is the role for you.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for building data products, from top to bottom. This means playing a critical role in developing high-quality data architectures and processes that enable data to be processed and consumed in the way our organisation can best leverage it. You will get real world experience working with large diverse datasets, modern patterns and technologies, and alongside some of the best data and infrastructure professionals in New Zealand.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of our AWS based data platform and building scalable data processes, pipelines and analytics solutions
- Sourcing of data and creating web-scale data pipelines delivering optimised data structures for analytical workloads
- Understand business requirements and ensure that proposed solutions will meet these requirements including effective documentation of solutions
- Utilising a variety of data platforms such as relational, NoSQL, streaming, HDFS/S3, and various AWS managed platform offerings
- Working in high performing and dynamic agile project teams, augmenting the specialist skills that exist within Xero
- Deliver solutions that ensure projects are delivered on-time to the quality standards
- Provide support and expertise as part of a project team to ensure project delivery
- Use the common big data technologies such as Python, SQL, Spark, etc.
- Performing thorough testing and data validation in order to deliver accurate data transformations and operational processes
What you’ll bring with you:
- At least 4+ years experience directly in software or data engineering
- You will have a proven level of expertise in modern data approaches, techniques and tools
- Demonstrable commercial experience with Python or a similar language
- Extensive knowledge of cloud concepts and experience developing in a cloud environment
- Experience in sourcing data from many different environments and working with large and complex data
- Technically strong in all areas of sourcing and transforming data as well as the building and architecture of data pipelines and/or data integration solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others
- Demonstrable problem solving capabilities
- Self-organising and diligent
- Experience or an interest in mentoring more junior Data Engineers, would be beneficial but not essential
- As well as experience working in a Delivery-oriented culture, working with agile teams and an understanding of lean development
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!