|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
A global SaaS (software as a service) company we have a team of almost 2,000 Xeros doing beautiful work across our 17 offices across the globe. We’re ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World's Most Innovative Growth Company two years running, Glassdoor named us one of the top 15 best SaaS companies in the world, and Canstar Blue has ranked us Australia’s best accounting software company for four consecutive years (2015-2018).
About the role
As a Quality Assurance Analyst at Xero you’ll do a lot more than just write and execute test cases. Working in a cross-functional team, the QA is responsible for guiding and managing quality throughout the whole process. This includes:
- Attending all team meetings to provide thorough analysis of quality risks in design, architecture and development.
- Engaging the whole team to consider quality through ongoing discussions and managing the test execution workload.
- Having in-depth knowledge of the entire Xero platform and being able to think outside the newly developed feature, recognising the scope of change and the flow-on effects that it could have for other parts of the system.
- Creating detailed plans for functional and regression testing using appropriate tools and techniques for each solution.
- Executing technical testing tasks using a range of different tools during early stages of development when there is no user interface or business flows ready to be tested.
- Performing end user based testing to ensure that Xero products maintain the beautiful user experience that our customers love.
- Reporting and monitoring of bugs and issues with the system under test or the test environments and ensuring a quick resolution so that work can continue.
We are looking for a passionate QA to join our team. Just as important as the technical experience is the attitude and ethos you’ll bring to the team:
- A desire to build strong, respectful relationships and work as a member of a team that delivers exceptional experiences for our customers.
- The motivation to be a champion of quality in a small multi-disciplined team; highlighting the importance of quality and the ways that different team members can be responsible for it.
- Experience with - or an understanding of - agile concepts and ceremonies.
- A willingness to share knowledge and experiences through communication and detailed documentation.
- An ambition to learn new skills, experiment with new tools and be up-to-date with current testing trends that enable faster delivery.
- Experience with - or an understanding of - continuous testing and test automation and knowing where and how effective test automation can be done.
- The ability to interact with databases and RESTful web services to ensure the correct transfer and storage of data.
- The ability to debug problems using browser dev tools and error logging tools to provide detailed analysis to developers for quick resolution.
- Effective management of test cases used for regression, acceptance and exploratory testing using any type of test management software.
This role provides great opportunities to be exposed to many different disciplines and technologies, so if you are someone who is excited about learning new things and keeping up to date with the latest tools and practices, then this role is for you!
We’re an open and inclusive environment who values diversity and encourages our people to bring their whole-selves to work. We're supportive of flexible working arrangements to help you balance life outside the office and offer a whole bunch of awesome benefits to make your time with us more enjoyable!