|Job Type:||Full Time|
Want to shape the future of the database industry? Come and join the Public Sector technical business development team. Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing, especially in database and analytics? Do you have rich experience influencing technology choices and building programs to accelerate IT adoption with governments, educational institutions, and non-profit entities? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve innovation and efficiency through IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Technical Business Development Manager to join the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team to accelerate the adoption of the AWS database and analytics portfolio (Aurora, RDS SQL, Dynamo DB NoSQL, Redshift, EMR, Athena, Elasticsearch, and others). Working closely with sales and technical product leaders, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a go-to-market approach that accelerates adoption of database and analytics on AWS. You will help customers innovate, improve performance, and decrease cost by running database and analytics on AWS. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will also work directly with sales, solution architects, and other field teams to build an opportunity pipeline and identify, qualify, and win major customers.
The ideal candidate will possess both the business savvy to interact at the CxO/VP level, and the technical depth in database and analytics to easily interact with software developers and architects. A strong knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and product developments is also essential.
This role requires a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership to deliver results.
- Define and implement a database and analytics go-to-market strategy for WWPS target segments.
- Be intimately familiar with database and analytics technologies, and help enable field teams in these technologies.
- Internally and externally communicate the value proposition of adopting AWS database and analytics, e.g. business agility, application modernization, new data-driven capabilities, and costs savings.
- Understand and uncover customers’ pain points in the above areas and define how AWS solutions can help them improve performance and decrease costs, including migration strategies.
- Work with partners, internal teams, and customers to determine deployment and adoption of database and analytics on the AWS Cloud, including achieving “light house” customer wins.
- Work closely with global WWPS account teams, sales, and technical services leadership to build programs that accelerate adoption of AWS database and analytics workloads.
- Identify and remove obstacles that block adoption of AWS database-centric workloads.
This role can be based anywhere in the Australia. Preference of Sydney. Up to 50% travel outside of Australia / New Zealand to APAC and Japan, required.
- 10+ years or more of technical leadership, product management, and business development in information technologies
- 5+ years or more experience in database and analytics technologies, including business development, product management, and technical marketing
- Minimum 1 year of experience with public cloud computing services
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical degree.
- In-depth experience in database/analytics technology, market dynamics, and customer requirements
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers to customer adoption and accelerate adoption
- Must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills
- Must prefer a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment
- Must have a passion for innovation, and have the ability to scale and influence broadly
- Requires strong organizational, presentation, and writing skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity