|Job Type:||Full Time|
- 700 Bourke street location
- Flexible working environment
- Continuous improvement focus
The goal of the Mobile Service is to design, develop and maintain the National Australia Bank suite of mobile and microservice applications, including our flagship NAB Mobile Banking and NAB Connect Mobile applications.
As part of this role you will be expected to provide technical leadership across all aspects of cloud, our automation strategy, software delivery life cycle for all applications that the mobile service supports. This involves working closely with solution designers, business analysts, product owners, engineers and engineering managers within an agile delivery environment to create great applications and processes.
The successful candidate will be a senior engineer with a wealth of cloud and devops experience including the ability to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring, demonstrate continuous improvement and will have an operations mindset to enable the buildout of robust, secure and maintainable applications.
- Lead the team to implement and continually improve our Automation Strategy including our Continuous Integration and Deployment capabilities
- Coaching and mentoring of other engineers to uplift service capability and cross-skill individuals over time
- Continuous review, identification and improvement of engineering processes, practices and tooling
- Working closely with and influencing our enterprise test, change and release teams and processes
- Understanding and guiding the wider delivery team through roles and responsibilities associated with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Technical design and coding of all mobile applications and microservices infrastructure
Required technical knowledge, experience and attributes:
- Experience across the full software delivery life cycle (planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance)
- Agile software development and management methods and ability to excel within a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and driving an automation and CI strategy
- Experience working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management
- Experience with build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, Jenkins, Groovy)
- Experience with latest development methodologies and tooling
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and managed services (AWS)
- Development experience using common source systems (git)
- Experience with test driven development and writing automation tests
- Release and configuration management practices including parallel development (tagging/branching strategies), managing multiple versions and third-party library dependency management
- Experience with repository artifact management (Artifactory)
- Experience with containers and enterprise container platforms (Docker)
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools (coverage, duplication, complexity, dependency analysis and standards)
Desirable technical knowledge, experience and attributes:
- A solid technical background as an engineer with experience deploying native mobile applications (Android or iOS)
- Experience working as an engineer within one or more backend technologies, RESTful JSON APIs and microservices
- Experience with Query Languages for APIs (GraphQL)
- Experience with continuous test automation tooling (Perfecto, Applitools)
In return we offer a rewarding work environment, structured training, on-going career progression, hack days and personal development in a supportive team environment. We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia.