|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a passionate technologist who enjoys collaborating with customers and who can influence and drive innovation in some of Australia’s most complex enterprise environments using cutting-edge technology?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Principal Solutions Architect to help large enterprise public sector customers accelerate their adoption of the Microsoft workloads on AWS.
This is an excellent opportunity to help customers understand best practices for Microsoft technologies on AWS, migrate their existing workloads, and advise them on building resilient cloud architectures. You’ll also work with the AWS Service Teams to help continuously improve the Microsoft Platform on AWS. In addition, you will engage with sales teams, other solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations do drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly.
This role can be based anywhere in the Australia. Preference of Sydney.
Your broad responsibilities will include:
- Be a subject matter expert on Microsoft technology Stack as it relates to customer end-to-end solutions and services.
- Be able to understand in detail the investments in Microsoft technologies and advise customers on an architectural approach to move these workloads to the cloud.
- Act as a thought leader to help customers understand the value proposition of the AWS platform and influence key decision makers in shaping decisions in adopting Microsoft technology on the AWS platform.
- You will be responsible for accelerating customer adoption of Microsoft workloads on AWS by helping customers understand best practices for Microsoft technologies on AWS. You will have specific experience with Active Directory design, consolidation and migration strategies.
- You will be responsible for developing and communicating the Microsoft on AWS capability, to both the internal AWS communities and externally through blog posts, webinars, presentations, events white papers and reference architectures.
- Minimum of 10 years enterprise IT application experience that includes hands-on software development, infrastructure engineering, or systems architecture
- A proven track record of designing complex Microsoft solutions
- Strong customer experience in Microsoft related technologies (Active Directory, Windows Server, SQL, .Net, and Enterprise Applications) and must be able to dive deep into Microsoft Stack.
- Experience with migration of Data Center and cloud migration projects.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing extensive experience in solution architecture (implementation/consulting) and pre-sales
- Strong client facing and consulting experience. Influencing senior stakeholder and working in large complex enterprise environments
- Demonstrated commitment to thought leadership and community engagement through personal blogs, presentations, patents and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Developing high quality, enterprise scale software products.
- Fundamental public cloud knowledge in either AWS, Azure or Google cloud
- Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
- Published either whitepaper, blog, “quickstart” type solutions papers
- MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE - One or more of these demonstrated experiences
One or more of these demonstrated experiences
- Datacenter management or migration experience, especially involving Windows Servers and complex Windows workloads
- Designing or managing a large SQL Server implementation
- Designing or managing a large Active Directory implementation
- Knowledge of .NET Programming (C#)