|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology? Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges? Can you do it at pace and at scale?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solution Architect to work with our Independent Software Vendor customers and other AWS teams to accelerate our customer's cloud journeys.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. As a trusted advisor to our customers you will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
As a successful Solution Architect you will not only deliver on our credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history” you will love what you do and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers.
In return we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud based systems design. On a daily basis you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and build elegant solutions.
You will need experience across a range of development, deployment, and operations technologies, but we don't expect you to know everything. If you have a technical background and experience in architecting or writing cloud-based software, this could be the role for you. This is a client facing role so you must also be comfortable talking with software developers and architects, as well as business leaders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute on customer strategies to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers on specific AWS products and services
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, AWS service engineering teams, and support
- The right person will have a strong technical background and experience working in solutions architecture
- Experience developing and deploying cloud-based products, and an understanding of best practices and patterns
- Experience architecting infrastructure components using both Linux and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience in Software Development and working with automation tools like Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- An understanding of modern data platform architectures is a bonus
- AWS Certifications are desirable
- Proficient in a modern programming language such as Java, NodeJS or Python
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
To all Recruitment Agencies: AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.