|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, self-directed
Principal Developer Advocate to drive adoption and community engagement for Amazon Container Services in Asia Pacific. The Container Services team is tasked with building and operating services such as Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) and Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) that make it easy for customers to run container based applications and microservices in production. In this role, you’ll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm for developers with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for container technology among developers, technologists, and key industry opinion makers.
Ideally, you are someone who can write code with the best of them, but get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you heartily believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers evidenced by your following on mediums such as GitHub, Twitter, and Medium, but are equally comfortable working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job. Your responsibilities will include:
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of Docker and other container technologies in general, and Amazon ECS and Amazon ECR in particular
- Actively participating in open source projects and being a member of the open source community
- Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and clients and assisting with presales support
- Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
- Creating screencasts, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media and technology channels relevant to developers
- Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry evangelism organization
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- 7+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
- 3+ years as a software development engineer or devops engineer
- 1+ years hands on experience with Linux containers, in particular Docker.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must
- A willingness to work remotely, autonomously, and travel are a must
- Masters degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
- 6+ years as a software development or devops engineer
- 2+ years hands on experience with container management platforms.
- 2+ years speaking at technology conferences, meetups to a technical audience with high scores
- Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter, YouTube, GitHub, and Twitch
- Active contributor to open source projects.