|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock & Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
AWS Managed Services (AMS) is seeking a Senior Security who desires to join our global, innovative & high-energy Security team. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker & defender, and help relevant teams to take the right actions in the right timeframes to mitigate risks.
The AMS Security team are also responsible for working with customers on their adoption and on activities that require greater security judgment. They work hands-on developing detective capabilities, identifying mitigations to vulnerabilities and respond to potential threats to Amazon systems and those of our customers.
Security Engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security best practices. You are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a security thought leader for the organization
This position requires a person with a security background who will show initiative by proactively identifying security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly assessing the potential risk, drive for the right architectural decisions across many different teams to harden infrastructure, while educating the broader team.
The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, application security, infrastructure security, security operations, security response, and security intelligence.
Responsibilities of AMS Security Engineers are spread across the following work streams:
- Working with AMS development teams to employ Secure Development Lifecycle to the code and componentry we develop, using practices such as threat modeling.
- Working with AMS customers to migrate to AWS so that they reduce their security risk to an acceptable level, while leveraging the maximum security benefit of using AWS.
- Working with AMS Operations to deliver a secure service, while proactively detecting and responding to security risks, threats or incidents.
- 5+ years’ equivalent information security or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify common security risks in the , and formulate and execute security strategies
- Demonstrated experience configuring and securing web applications, cryptography, including WAF, DDoS mitigation strategies and application hardening
- Extensive knowledge of Internet protocols, architectures, and security design principles.
- In depth knowledge of either platforms, platforms or both.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”).
- One or more security-related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, SECURITY+, etc.
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical role
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical and procedural thinking
- Experience triaging security alerts and executing incident response
- Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness.
- Experience in customer support, client & stakeholder management, incident handling, or forensics.
- Experience in Compliance Requirements (e.g. SOX, ISO, HIPPA, FedRamp, etc.)
- Previous experience on a Security Operations team, experience coordinating responses to security incidents, or in a SOC environment.
- Hands on experience with 3rd party security solutions.