|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We are building a brand new AWS product right here in Sydney focused on helping our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications and workloads. This greenfield product has plenty of opportunities to innovate and solve some unprecedented problems.
A lot of these problems are being solved with real-time data processing, Machine Learning and automation engines. As we grow, we are looking to strengthen the data science expertise in our team. You will enjoy being a part of this team if you are passionate about data science and directly impacting the next generation of prediction and correlation solutions.
In this position, you will research and develop innovative machine learning based approaches to predict the near-term future. You will have the opportunity to autonomously own part of our data strategy, work in one of the world's most diverse and complex data environments and bring together loosely structured data-sets to find actionable outcomes that improve our customers' experience.
We are looking for researchers who have the experience of using data to produce models that power real-world solutions which are actively being used by customers. The successful candidate will also have experience working in a development team to translate their models into working software. In addition, the candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with engineers as well as business owners to formulate our data strategy and drive its execution across the globe.
- Develop predictive models across multiple reliability data slices for use in Machine Learning and other systems
- Develop hypotheses, design experiments, collaborate with engineering team to implement live tests and evaluate their performance
- Answer complex business questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data or designing and running experiments to gather data
- Manage critical processes that are central to the delivery of accurate results (e.g. data pipelines, etc.)
- Work with software engineers to produce working software based on research models
- Communicate findings to managers and engineers, often through succinct written summaries of findings and code samples
- MS in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or in another highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant post-grad academic research or industry experience in developing algorithms
- Ample experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. Shell Scripting/Python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Python)
- Experience working across different types of databases (Relational, NoSQL, Graph etc.)
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis and ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or in another highly quantitative field
- Experience with Java and Spark
- Experience with AWS services such as EMR, EC2, S3, and Redshift
- Experience in Predictive Analytics
- Expertise in machine learning methods including Time series analysis, State-space models, Mixed-effect models, Longitudinal data analysis, Hierarchical Bayes; and Learning techniques such as Decision Trees, Boosting, Random Forests, Deep Learning, Neural Networks