|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon is the earth’s most customer centric company and is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Engineers for our expanding teams. Just to start, you will be working on the networks that support the Earth’s largest cloud provider. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. While expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale our network.
The Border Network Engineering team of AWS is responsible for the networks that connect AWS infrastructure to our customers, internet peers and to each other via a global backbone. We leverage the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topologies and advanced tooling - keeping ahead of Amazon's customer needs. With engineers based in Dublin, Seattle and Sydney, we are responsible for the end to end design, deployment, operations and reliability of the border network.
As a Senior Network Development Engineer in this team, you will drive the development and delivery of new designs and services into the network, partnering with our internal customers and with software teams on ensuring principles of reliability, scalability and performance are incorporated and validated for any new design or platform. You will use your deep subject matter expertise in networking to develop engineering solutions whilst leading your colleagues and partner teams in technical projects and initiatives. You will be a key part in the professional development of other engineers and in our engineering recruiting efforts.
Why Australia? Our Sydney offices are growing rapidly and you could be part of that! This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon and Amazon Web Services and build something great. You would be joining a world class technical team, working with some of the biggest and brightest engineers in the industry. Not only would you be working with the best, you would be developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest- growing, most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
- Extensive Experience in Large Scale Networks
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge with extensive experience in the application of IP protocols
- A key influencer in team strategy and goals
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems in existing or new network architecture and systems development initiatives
- Proven ability to proactively fix architectural and/or process deficiencies
- Able to develop and deliver projects that have significant business and/or customer impact
- Embody technical leadership for your team including being a coach/mentor within your organisation; able to drive the professional development of others and actively participate in our recruiting efforts.
- An appreciation of how systems and coding play a key role in modern networking and a willingness to be hands on in networking software solutions.
- Linux/Unix Experience
- Network Coding Experience (e.g. Python)
- Experience with one of: Quagga or BIRD or White box switching
- Experience with orchestration or automation (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, NetDevOps)
- Expert knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.