|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a "Find it, Fix it, Automate it, Never worry about it again" kind of engineer? Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Amazon Aurora / MySQL and MariaDB DevOperations team is looking for experienced Software Engineers to build out our automation of critical operational functions that ensures thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide maintain lights on. These are important systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant and impactful automation projects to future proof our industries leading database service for the cloud. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building solutions from the ground up to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top Software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical systems, networking and coding expertise and has the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
- 5+ years proficiency in Java, C#, C++, Ruby or Python
- Knowledge of Software development methodologies such as TDD and Agile
- 3+ years of proven operating systems knowledge Linux/Unix
- Fundamental knowledge of Networking systems (DNS, TCP, UDP etc)
- Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as OOD, SOAP, REST, Spring and AJAX
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Deep experience integrating software solutions, automating manual processes and/or building portals or internal tools
- Experience with UI development and building innovative user experiences.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
- DevOps evangelist and zealot