|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Operations Engineers to join the AWS Managed Services teams, who are not constrained by how "things are usually done".
As a member of Managed Service team, you will be working with our amazing Database Engineers and Network Engineers to dive deep and tackle the hardest technical challenges, be someone who excels working in an agile environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, be someone who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day!
As part of the AMS team you will be someone who is passionate about technology, wants to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Operate 'Best in Class' Managed Service platform and provide our customers a seamless environment to operate their workload while managing their AWS Cloud Infrastructure through ITIL governance.
- Support, Architect and Implement alongside Technical & Operations teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure & application deployments.
- Troubleshoot customer reported issues, apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services (dealing daily with high severity incidents).
- Help build and improve customer operations through scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources seamlessly with as little manual intervention as possible.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed / wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS Service teams.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Learn and leverage groundbreaking technologies.
- Basic Troubleshooting skills
- OS level knowledge (Windows or Linux)
- Must be able to easily mitigate performance bottlenecks
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Basic Application level knowledge (3 tier/2 tier apps)
- Good communication both written and verbal
- Experience in troubleshooting OR the ability to identify the underlying root cause of performance issues.
- AWS service knowledge for core services (EC2, S3, IAM, ASG, ELB, CFN, VPC, DX, VPN).
- Experience in a DevOps environment / Operations team / Infrastructure Operations team.
- Exposure/ Experience in Database Management (SQL/NoSQL/Schema/DB concepts etc)
- Cloud / Application level Security experience
- Exposure to scripting language (Python, Ruby, Shell script, Powershell etc.)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of AWS services/products is a bonus