|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Development Engineer for the global Data Centre Network Engineering deployment in Sydney, Australia. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Systems Engineers for our Sydney network engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Systems Development Engineers work hand-in-hand with Network Operations to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Improve overall efficiency of the team through automation
- Reduction and elimination of customer pain points through automation and improvement
- Automate targeted network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
- Work closely with our Network Development Engineering team to support delivery of solutions required to drive operational excellence
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Identify opportunities to automate recurring issues.
- Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in interviewing
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments.
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large scale Data center network implementations and support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Software development skills are required, specifically in Python with 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols such BGP and OSPF advantageous
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures advantageous
- Experience of building and supporting systems on AWS
- Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
- Excellent analytical skills