|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Database Engineers, who are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. As a member of the AWS PS Team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History”. On a typical day, a Database Engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way or a something is failing, consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate database issues.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking highly motivated Database Engineers & Administrators who are passionate about technology, want to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
Are you a Database Engineer who wants to take their career to the next level? At AWS we do not do things like everyone else; we are peculiar and quirky in every sense and this role is no different to this. The responsibilities and working mechanisms that you would stereotype with a Database Engineer or DBA in the external market is very different in AWS - here this is only 10% of your daily role & responsibilities; you would be involved and engulfed in much much more here at AWS!
- Learn and use ground breaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to customers individual needs
- Work together with customers to develop, migrate, engineer and debug service issues
- Expand your knowledge across several database engines and have the opportunity to learn AWS Relational Databases.
If you are a Database Administrator or a Database Engineer and want to take that next step into engineering solutions for our customers, we want to hear from you...
As a Database Engineer you’ll help customers to deliver solutions in the Cloud on AWS Relational Database Service (RDS), and Computing Service (EC2) platforms. You will be part of the Premium Services team in Sydney working with customers from all over the world. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining large networks (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Experience working with large Cloud platforms or Virtualisation platforms (AWS, Azure, VMware)
- Experience working in Large Enterprise, Public Sector, or with vendor managing, and/or maintaining large scale Enterprise systems.
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications
- Scripting / Programming experience in database related fields
- In depth experience with one or more of following: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Database performance tuning, troubleshooting, and optimisation
- Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments
- Operating System administration experience (Linux or Windows)
- Fundamental networking skills
- Understanding of the concepts of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Communication skills to successfully engage with customers
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
- Ability to work either Sunday – Thursday, or Tuesday - Saturday
- AWS related certifications (desirable but not required).
- Any other industry database certifications are also advantageous.