|Job Type:||Full Time|
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration across our Financial Services and Insurance customers. The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background across Financial Services accounts that will enable them to lead a team of senior enterprise sales representatives with engagements at the CxO level, manage a sales pipeline, and lead sales efforts that will include teaming with AWS Sales Representatives, Solutions Architects, and Partners within commercial AWS accounts. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions while working cross-organizationally to build consensus.
- Drive revenue and market share for AWS.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Develop and execute against a global sales plan.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Work with partners and OEM’s to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions.
- Manage contract negotiations along with the core sales organization.
- -Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Experience selling into and managing CXO relationships in Financial Services Institutes
- Working within the Financial Services Industry.
- 15 years of technology related sales experience.
- 5+ years of sales management experience.
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Direct field & management experience in working with financial services accounts.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Extensive customer network.
- Strong leadership skills.