|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a highly experienced and motivated technologist to lead our Solution Architecture team focused on Migration to AWS. You should possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services, specifically through Migrations. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to this solutions architect role. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and be enthusiastic about sharing this thinking publicly.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer, or chief architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the sales team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge regarding Migrations among the AWS solutions architect community
- Develop and maintain executive level relationships and assist in the closing of sales opportunities
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Identify customer requirement trends and provide feedback into appropriate AWS services teams
- Coordinate a global virtual team encompassing key stakeholders in closing opportunities
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work with senior and executive level management, and the ability to map a customer’s business needs to technology solutions. The successful candidate must be able to articulate the business value of AWS solutions and have a proven track record of successful leadership of senior technical professionals
- 20+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications (build, implementation, modernization)
- 10+ years leading enterprise-level technical professionals in the technology sales environment
- Experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments, which includes knowledge and experience with:
- Cloud solutions, and virtual platforms
- Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms (preferably across COTS, custom and mainframe)
- Sizing and scoping of core application platforms
- Disaster recovery and high availability architectures
- Hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with audiences of all sizes
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Masters degree preferred
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS