|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock & Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Windows Systems Engineers/Administrators with strong customer support and technical skills, who are passionate about technology and who want to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world. As a member of the AWS PS Team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day, a Windows Engineers might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, focuses on our Windows based products, while also exposing engineers to other services that align with the Windows customer base; such as: Networking, Storage and CFN. You will also work very closely, and consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking experienced and seasoned Windows Engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and that have a strong technical background in systems, windows, OS administration, identity and access management, compliance and auditing, web applications and more. Our Engineers are the “voice of the customer” and have a strong hands-on relationship with the development & architecture teams for recurring issues or complex feature requests.
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you learn and use ground breaking technologies such as:
- AppStream 2.0
- AWS Systems Manager (SSM)
- Directory Services
- EBS, EC2, FSx for Windows File Server, Server Migration Service (SMS), Workspaces
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
- Interact with leading technologists around the world.
- Work hands-on with customer teams to develop, migrate, and debug services issues.
- Own customer communication during critical events
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
What do we love about working at AWS as a Cloud Engineer......
To qualify for this role you should have experience with:
- Excellent communication skills to successfully engage with customers.
- Understand the concepts of virtualisation and cloud computing
- Broad experience analysing, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Strong multitasking skills, and dealing with competing priorities
- Experience utilising tools ping, tracert, wireshark, iperf, nttcp to troubleshoot issues
- Experience utilising debugging tools including Windbg to recover servers
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, web applications
- In-depth skills analyzing performance issues including perfmon and procmon
- Ability to work a staggered week, either Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat (no on-call)
What if I’m not an expert in all the basic or preferred qualifications listed on the job description.....
That’s okay here at AWS as we have the aptitude and training programs to teach any level. Or basics are the more “NEED TO HAVE” skills, and our preferred list are “NICE TO HAVE”. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet. Speak to an AWS recruiter (or Engineer!) and we will be happy to provide you with more information about this role or guide you to the best possible match for your background and experience, and of course your own career interests.
These qualifications are optional, but please highlight them on your resume if you have them:
- Experience supporting a VDI environment
- Certifications in MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA or VCP
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Management and SQL always-on
- PowerShell scripting
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.