|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, -on bonus, Stock & Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with a mission to create the earth’s most customer-centric company that customers from all over the globe will recognize, value, and trust for both our products and our service. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking experienced and seasoned Engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and that have a strong technical background in systems administration, and management, compliance and auditing, web applications and cryptographic protocols + more. Our Engineers are the “voice of the customer” and have a strong hands-on relationship with the development & architecture teams for recurring issues or complex feature requests. If you're looking for a Senior / role within the Earth's largest Cloud organisation, working on web applications and protocols and have drive to architecturally understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment, you might be the person we are looking for!
You will be surrounded by people that are advanced in every , who are smart & passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Empower AWS customers who use AWS management services, including but not limited to:
- Identity Management (IAM)
- AWS Certificate Manager (ACM)
- Key Management Service (KMS)
- Cloud Hardware Module (HSM)
- AWS Core Services like (EC2, VPC, ELB and S3)
- DDoS Mitigation (Shield, WAF, CloudFront)
- Learn, support and architect using groundbreaking technologies
- Field and manage customer’s technical issues via; phone, chat and email
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during business critical technical events
- Create knowledge articles, videos and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Follow the sun model with standard business hours (no night shifts or overtime required) over 2 options: Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday work week
What do we like about working at AWS Tech......
- Experience working in a Cloud environment (AWS if applicable) as a Engineer, understanding well-architected framework for HA, DR and DDoS Resilience
- Demonstrated experience with or Operating Systems and/or Virtualization Tools (System Administration)
- Deep, demonstrated experience of protocols and related tools at all layers of the /IP stack
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting web applications and related technologies
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and troubleshooting public APIs
- Demonstrated ability to identify common risks in the Cloud, and formulate and execute cloud strategies
- Demonstrated ability in deploying logging and monitoring tools over large deployments and automating event response
- Demonstrated experience configuring and securing web applications, , including WAF, DDoS mitigation strategies and application hardening
- One or more -related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, +, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, Node.js, .NET, Go, C++
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical role
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical and procedural thinking
- Demonstrated methodical troubleshooting skills
What if I’m not an expert in all the basic or preferred qualifications listed on the job description.....
That’s okay here at AWS as we have the aptitude and training programs to teach any level. Or basics are the more “NEED TO HAVE” skills, and our preferred list are “NICE TO HAVE”. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet. Speak to an AWS recruiter (or Engineer!) and we will be happy to provide you with more information about this role or guide you to the best possible match for your background and experience, and of course your own career interests.
- Demonstrated ability to configure and deploy secure and solution, including solutions such as SAML-based federation, Web , custom brokers, etc.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and applications