|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
- Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
- Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented engineers who enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a technical background from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, big data analysis, and network administration. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day, a Cloud Engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues. As an Analytics engineer our customers will depend on your knowledge in Elasticsearch, Managed Service Kafka or Kinesis.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Our Cloud Engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role! Select a working week that works for you, working Sunday through to Thursday or Tuesday through to Saturday. Go forth and have the work-life balance you have always dreamed of!
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their complex technical issues.
- Strong Operating System administration experience (Linux or Windows)
- Experience in Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)Understanding of the concepts of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics; or relevant work experience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous, ever changing environment
- Knowledge and experience maintaining large networks (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Expertise with Linux system administration in a virtual environment, file structure management, common Linux applications, system troubleshooting tools
- Experience working in Large Enterprise, Public Sector, or with vendor managing, and/or maintaining large scale Enterprise systems.
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Business Analytics configuration, support, and troubleshooting
- Experience scripting or developing in Python or Java