|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of storage technologies spanning block, file and object architectures and a deep passion for working with customers to help deliver mission critical data storage solutions then this is a great role for you.
We are looking a senior leader to join Service Line GTM Team to work closely with Pan-APAC storage team. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated senior sales professions to help accelerate our growing Storage business. Customers of all sizes face unique challenges in managing and storing data and accomplishing complex missions with limited resources. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team, bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to commercial leaders that want to serve their customers more effectively.
This role will be focused on driving the adoption of storage services across ANZ region, owning Storage specific opportunities primarily relating to the Large Enterprise segment. Someone leading C-Level discussions with large enterprises to present a value proposition for moving away from existing on premise infrastructure and move to AWS, help them transform their business models. The successful candidate will have broad and deep industry experience, be comfortable speaking in public and to all levels of an organization, be able to translate think big ideas into compelling actionable next steps for customers and guide our sales teams with Storage Specific sales plays.
The candidate will join as part of the Service Line GTM Team and will be expected to work closely with the Pan-APAC storage team. This is an IC role with no direct reports and will report to the Service Line Business leader ANZ (TBH). The ideal candidate will have been a Storage specialist sales director or Storage business owner with 15+ years’ experience in the storage domain.
This role will be on a quota and tied to a specific storage sales territory.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong working knowledge of leading complex customer engagement and sales cycles which include all aspects of storage, network security, networking, virtualization, operating systems, application architectures, web applications and databases. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the new scale-out style applications designed for the cloud?
Do you have a flair for helping customers to build positive outcomes and delivering value added solutions to the most difficult challenges and a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures. The role will require a high degree of consultative selling and leadership skills as you engage some of the the most recognizable corporate brands in the world. The role will require you to represent Amazon Web Services (AWS) in strategic conversations and opportunities with the CXO audience.
As a Sales leader within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing storage services (Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Glacier and others).
Your responsibilities will include: owning the sales cycle, building and converting pipeline, removing account management blockers, responding to RFIs and RFPs, and achieving ultimate success around specific targeted sales opportunities. To achieve those goals—and building on your sales background you will develop expertise in all AWS technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure commercial success in building Storage solutions and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Engage systems integrators and support their sales implementation efforts.
- Closely collaborate with AWS Account Management teams and support and promote APN Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum customer value.
- Assist solution providers and customers with the definition and implementation of storage strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offerings on the AWS platform.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of storage solutions for Amazon Web Services.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the worldwide AWS solution sales teams on Storage engagement.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- The candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the sales leader for Storage with customers and Partners. They will be able to drive discussions with senior business decision makers and possess the Storage background that enables them to easily interact and guide customers to the most effective outcomes in data management, analytics and storage.
- The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- The right person will be highly results oriented and analytical, possess significant experience of Storage technology solutions (including block, file and cloud)
- Deep sales and Advisory/consulting experience, including some experience with global accounts and large commercial customers. - Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Business fluent English - Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Understanding of Storage is a prerequisite and application, server, and network security is highly desired.
- Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations is highly desired
- The right person will be tenured in the Storage industry and already have a appreciation of cloud storage offerings. They will possess significant experience of storage solutions and architecture, software development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Experience working with cloud and cloud based solutions is highly desired.
- Degrees in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired; working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.