|Job Type:||Full Time|
At AWS, we are looking for a Practice Manager with a successful record of leading enterprise customers through a variety of transformative projects involving IT Strategy, distributed architecture, and hybrid cloud operations
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business in a geographic territory, driving AWS adoption in key markets and accounts. Sell infrastructure engagements - including short on-site projects proving the value of AWS services to support new distributed computing models.
- Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
- Lead great people - attract top IT architecture talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
- Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmap
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed
- Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Consulting practice leadership as manager of managers; team size >30 and P&L responsibility
- Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
- Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
- Familiarity with archive, disaster recovery and business continuity in global operations
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
- Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions
- Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
- Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
- International sales and delivery experience with global F500 enterprise customers and partners
- Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet