|Job Type:||Full Time|
Amazon.com has an immediate opening for a Technical Program Manager to support AWS Infrastructure Delivery’s data center scaling initiatives. The TPM will lead cross functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of the completed designs, develop and document requirements, budgets, and project schedules.
The ideal candidate possesses 3-7 years of experience in program management, experience managing complex and large-scale and technology projects, and developing/improving processes and procedures. Experience managing data center infrastructure deployments is a plus. A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical experience is required. Successfully delivering aggressive project deliverables while effectively managing capital budgets is essential. Other requirements include proficiency with MS Office, MS Project and MS Sharepoint.
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator both written and verbally, and will lead multi-discipline, highly technical project initiatives. The ideal candidate will be familiar with one or more AWS products, have a project management background. They will have successfully managed cost, schedule and performance for portfolios, programs, or individual projects.
The candidate must also be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. The TPM will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle.
If you meet these qualifications, have a passion for scale, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects across the globe, this job is for you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of project management experience OR 7 years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure. Proven ability to effectively manage project budgets is essential
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree or advanced professional degree
- Data Center, networking engineering, systems engineering background and demonstrated excellence
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks and datacenter operations
- Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure projects
- Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
- Basic Python, SQL
- Familiarity with the AWS product suite