|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to help enterprise companies drive breakthrough agility, innovation and cost savings benefits by accelerating their journey to the cloud and migrate to AWS at scale? Are you passionate about developing new and differentiated mechanisms that will help our enterprise customers rapidly migrate their ISV (Independent Software Vendor) applications and platforms to the cloud, and significantly accelerate their overall cloud migration and adoption journey? Are you a thought leader who can engage deeply with our customers and cross functional AWS teams to identify the opportunities for accelerated migration, develop compelling value proposition, and shape the rapidly scalable migration approach for strategic ISV workloads? Are you a systematic problem solver who can tackle complexity, connects the dots and develop the solution architecture and end-to-end delivery approach across our customers, AWS’s professional services and solution architecture teams, SI partners and ISV teams and other ecosystem partners? Enterprise customers across every market and industry segments are undergoing mass cloud adoption, and AWS is the industry leader in enterprise migration. At the AWS Migration Acceleration Program (MAP), our go-to-market team works with our largest enterprise customers to apply programmatic and scalable mechanisms to help accelerate their AWS migration journeys. Do you have business background, technical depth and leadership skills needed work with our customers and cross-functional teams to build and scale the ISV-specific accelerated migration strategies and delivery mechanisms?
As the ISV Migration Discovery and Acceleration BDM, you will have an exciting opportunity to work with the deliver new capabilities, systems and mechanism that accelerate our customers’ ISV portfolio migration. These systems often support our customers’ most mission-critical business operations, and the ISVs themselves are transforming at the same time from on-premise or their own private cloud solutions toward public cloud-based offerings due to the efficiencies, scalability and global footprint available in AWS. You will work with a cross functional team across sales, business development, partner, professional services, and technology platform teams. The objective is to accelerate ISV workload migration for our customers by building systematic and scalable approaches to help customers identify and understand the ease and business benefits of migrating their ISV workloads through prescriptive methodologies developed with our system integrator partners and professional services teams in close collaborations with the ISVs.
The right candidate will have demonstrated success in building and implementing highly scalable go-to-market programs and mechansims in large enterprise technology and service organizations, experience program-oriented global roles, owning and delivering differentiated results launching and scaling go-to-market programs. Candidate will be able to tackle ambiguity and complexity to create compelling go-to-market solutions to meet business objectives, bring excellent program and project management skills, apply a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach with strong data and metrics bias, dive-deep to understand industry and technical ecosystems, and demonstrate passion for helping customers transform through scaled cloud migration and adoption. The candidate will quickly develop understanding of the strategic priorities for ISV migration in the context of mass migration for our customers, the ISV ecosystem and industry trends, AWS’s and SI’s current capabilities and roadmaps toward accelerated and scalable solutions and service offerings toward ISV migration, and the priority set of opportunities and challenges that needs addressed. They will have specific experiences and skills working cross functionally and customers build, pilot and scale go-to-market offerings. They will also have working knowledge of cloud computing and experiences leading large-scale technology-enabled transformations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the effort across APAC to implement customer ISV discovery and recommendation, initially focusing on AWS Migration Acceleration Program (MAP) opportunities
- Implement the overall strategic framework, solution architecture and roadmap for accelerated ISV migration, and apply AWS’s Working Backward mechanism to develop the strategic narrative, PR/FAQ and other assets to define and communicate the overall approach and value outcome
- Scan the market and work with key AWS stakeholders to evaluate the different ISV migration approaches, offerings and service/solution roadmap; develop a structured approach to organize the different solution components against the end-to-end cloud migration process.
- Evaluate and prioritize key customer opportunities toward which we need to interlock across the cross functional teams (ISVs, SI partners, AWS professional service and platform teams)
- Work cross-functionally with business development and account teams to design the experiment and test-learn-refine iteratively through rapid prototyping and proof-of-concepts
- Plan and launch new go-to-market offerings, coordinated across business development, sales, professional services and partner management teams, globally and regionally
- Contribute to the development of go-to market components, which will include (but not be limited to): field team and customer enablement models, technology and consulting partner enablement models, ISV or pattern-specific approach to migration planning and execution (which can include customer workshops, assessment, planning, migration and operations), customer proposal and offer development, internal and external collateral, incentives, target customers, and success measures
- Establish credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader field and account teams), and coordinate engagement with customers across AWS and supporting ecosystems
- Drive iterative approach to experimentation (test-learn-refine), GA and scale growth
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and align digital marketing campaigns to drive awareness and demand
- Present at customer events and executive briefings
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in technology enabled advisory, consulting, systems integration, product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation management roles, preferably within or working with ISVs
- Strong preference for enterprise software product management, enterprise-scale systems integration, technology-driven transformation or infrastructure/cloud migration experiences
- Experiences leading highly complex and cross-functional/organizational work; demonstrated ability to establish and lead with thought leadership, influence effectively without authority, and manage highly-orchestrated efforts to design, test, pilot and launch new go-to-market offerings
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure and value proposition
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills with proven success in leading multi-functional initiatives across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- An MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
- 10+ years of relevant work experiences, launching and scaling new go-to-market offerings
- Consulting experience at senior levels (strategic advisory or systems integration) highly desired
- 3 years of experience in BD, specialized sales, or delivering enterprise-scale tech programs
- 3 years of experience with large scale technology transformation programs
- First-hand experiences leading ISV transformation from legacy to cloud architecture and offerings
- Deep understanding of application and infrastructure portfolio management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with experiences in software delivery lifecycle