- Do you have hands on experience working with payroll requests in a people services environment?
- Do you have fantastic experience engaging with stakeholders and adhering to compliance requirements in a payroll setting?
- If this sounds like you, we have a great opportunity in our People Services team in Melbourne?
Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We know that to be Australia and New Zealand’s most respected bank, we need to be more than good with money. We need to be just as good with people, too.
We strive to embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
About the role
The Associate role is responsible for the providing operational support to our stakeholders in relation to Payroll matters in a timely and accurate manner that meets all compliance standards.
This role is responsible for the following;
- Supporting a variety of payroll related requests
- Leave, Special payments, superannuation and change of hours also including cyclical pay run and employee separations
- Maintaining of cyclical activities – i.e.: Payment Summaries, FBT
- Implementation and governance of continuous improvement initiatives
- Assisting and supporting lead, peers and stakeholders to ensure payroll requirements are met within defined Service Level Agreements
- Liaising and educating internal stakeholders in relation to payroll matters
- Ensuring requests are processed promptly and accurately whilst conducting quality reviews of payroll outputs
- Supporting and coaching team members in our onshore and off-shore team
- Continually looking for process improvement opportunities with insights and experience gained from the feedback of stakeholders
- Being proactive by managing risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements, performing controls and adhering to Process and Procedures pertinent to the role
- Be the go to person by resolving issues and resourcing conflicts escalated by stakeholders/team members
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate should have the following skills & experience:
- 5+ years of experience delivering end to end Payroll processing
- Experienced in all payroll related Functions (Reconciliations/Super/Leave/Terminations/Tax/EOFY/On-boarding etc)
- Have demonstrated experience using ADP or Ascender Pay, ideally with advanced knowledge
- Ideally have experience with hosted payroll solutions, and experience dealing with payroll solution providers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Australian Payroll legislation.
- Experience with Payroll System implementations/upgrades and testing.
- Experience interpreting Awards (desirable)
- Payroll report writing experience (desirable)
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry would be well regarded
At NAB, we provide access to a large number of exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your risk career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 18 Apr 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 03 May 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time