|Job Type:||Full Time|
Fitter Mechanic – Leading Hand – Chinchilla
- Commit to two years, gain financial incentives and relocation assistance
- Bring your mechanical and leadership skills to this fast paced environment.
- Repair and maintain a wide range of capital equipment mostly in workshop
Where is Chinchilla and what is the Accelerate program?
Famous for its melons and a renowned spot for fossicking, fishing, bushwalking and camping, Chinchilla has a population of over 6000 and is located about a 3.5 – 4 hour drive north west of Brisbane.
Admittedly sometimes it is difficult to attract employees to this leafy pretty town. So we have made it even more attractive through our Accelerate program.
Coates Hire would like to offer the successful candidate both the opportunity and a number of financial incentives to relocate to this position with the opportunity to return to your original location should you wish, after a two year period. The following benefits will be offered: (please note some conditions will apply):
- Financial Assistance with moving expenses and return to original residence expenses
Rental Assistance will be provided**
A completion bonus of $15K to be paid on the 2 year anniversary of service**
Monthly Retention Payment of $400 per month**
One free annual return trip for the staff member and immediate family to their previous place of residence.**
We encourage you to consider relocation and try a change of pace in Qld.
Take responsibility for the safe, effective and efficient maintenance, service, overhaul and repair of our extensive range of hire equipment and machinery. The Fitter Mechanic plays a crucial role in helping to ensure hire equipment at the branch is ready, fit and safe for hire. A key focus of the role is providing exceptional customer service to Coates Hire’s customers, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership contributing to Coates Hire’s Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture
- Service and maintain the diverse range of hire equipment at the branch
- Practice standards according to the Silver Service Maintenance program
- Undertake fault finding and diagnostics across a variety of equipment
- Conduct compliance inspections on equipment following designated standards
- Assist maintain correct levels and stock of spare parts
- Liaise with customers when handing over equipment and showing how to operate it
- Obtain feedback from customers when equipment is returned
- Keep customers notified in relation to their equipment service requirements
- Enter all service information into Baseplan.
Skills and Experience
Bring your trade qualifications and current drivers and forklift licence (desirable) along with your experience working on capital equipment. Ideally this will include mechanical experience with petrol and diesel motors, and hydraulics. You will be familiar with JSEA’s, live and breathe safety and uphold safe work practices at all times.
Customer service is important and sometimes this may mean you have to work to a tight deadline. Intermediate computer skills will see you keep electronic records of all equipment serviced and occasionally, you may help in the yard or with the loading or unloading of vehicles, or movement and storage of equipment.
If you are interested in a long term role with a stable employer that offers career opportunities, then we look forward to your application.