|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel WestNickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia. Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
This is a newly created opportunity due to our continued growth and expansion. We are seeking an experienced Logistics Lead who will responsible for overseeing our road haulage operations in our northern operations.
You will be the key interface between Nickel West and our Logistics Service Providers. The focus will be to provide logistical safety leadership across each site whilst ensuring operational targets are met.
This is a Fly in Fly out role 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on and 3 days off. There is an option to FIFO to Leinster or Mount Keith with an option to live residentially at Leinster.
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits.
- Newly created opportunity
- Nickel West value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment
Resbonsibilities will include:
- Working with our logistics service providers to ensure compliance with specific site requirements, load management, mass management, fatigue management, equipment maintenance and training
- To demonstrate our commitment to safe operations and ensure tasks are consistently performed in a safe manner through regular field leadership and on the job safety observations.
- Managing the competing demands for logistics services between multiple sites to achieve efficient, safe and cost effective outcomes for the business
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of the short and long term demand profiles at each site to ensure product stockpiles are maintained at levels required to meet production targets.
- Optimisation of logistics tasks to improve overall efficiency across the network of activities.
- To utilise your understanding of the Logistics Services Contracts and ensure NiW achieves the most value possible for the services provided.
- Previous experience as a Logistics Lead or Front Line Manager within the mining industry is highly advantageous
- Previous experience in oversight of service contractors performing logistics functions for mining companies.
- Knowledge of Heavy Haulage laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Experience managing a wide range of stakeholders spanning the supply chain of an operation, as well as external parties
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment calmly and professionally
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.