|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Superintendent Site Services, within the Port Site Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the Air Con, Fire and Security Team. You will ensure maintenance activities on the plant, equipment and utilities under accountability are safely executed against schedules, plans, and specified standards and consistently deliver on its planned maintenance targets on a shift-by-shift basis.Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices so as to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and contractors
- Lead, support and develop direct reports
- Manage contractors to ensure efficient and cost effective use of resources
- Ensure timely evaluation and scoping of work requests prior to approval for the work management planning process
- Participate in the weekly pre-planning, planning and scheduling meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources to the work schedule
- Manage the planning and execution of unplanned work and the re-scheduling of the existing work orders as required
- Support best practice through developing and embedding of functional systems, monitoring key performance measures and sustaining continuous improvement processes
- Assist the Superintendent Site Services in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute value to the business from a Site Infrastructure perspective, ensuring compliance to the Change Management Procedure
- Regularly monitor area expenditure/trends and put remedial controls in place to meet budget requirements within the Site Infrastructure department
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- A demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and the environment is essential
- Working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Strong technical experience within maintenance in a mining business
- Experienced People Leader with strong communication, negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement
- C Class drivers licence
- West Australian ‘A’ Grade Electrical Licence (desirable)
An Electrical trade background with sound knowledge of AS3000 Electrical requirements and the WA Mines Regulations would be highly advantageous for this role.
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia working a Sportsman Roster of 5 days on 5 days off, 4 days on 5 days off, 5 days on 4 days off. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. How to applyReference Number – 83591Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.