|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.As a crucial part of our Overburden production team in the role of Overburden Production Coordinator, you will see yourself engaging with the Prestrip Department team whilst supporting the execution of the weekly mine plan.
This role will see you engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders including maintenance and mine planning, utilising your understanding of mining methodologies to advance execution of production.
Working with supportive, development-oriented leadership, this is an excellent opportunity to take ownership, to be accountable for your decisions and to engage with a wide stakeholder group to coordinate the production priorities.
This role is a residential role based at BHP’s Peak Downs Mine Site located near Moranbah in Central Queensland. Your previous experience in leading a team and working in an open cut environment will see you well placed for success. This role works a rotating day / night shift roster. It is envisaged that this role will be on an 8/6 or 7/7 roster.
- Collaborative relationship building and negotiation skills in order to engage others and influence peers
- Hold Leadership qualifications S1,S2 and S3 also G2
- Hold an Open Cut Examiners Ticket would be highly regarded
- Leadership experience within a mine Pre strip or Production department would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple conflicting priorities and strong decision-making skills to achieve the best outcome for production execution
- Understanding of Overburden removal and large truck strip operations
- Experience/understanding of XPC 4100 rope shovel operations, large 600-800 tonne Excavators
- Good computer skills in MS Office programs with SAP being highly regarded
- A demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental management
- Looking to develop a career with a supportive, innovative and diverse thinking site team focused on improvements and development opportunities for an engaged workforce.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. #LIQLD