|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are seeking a diverse and talented individual to take on the role of Technician Mechanical at our Yandi Mine. You will be involved in the Servicing, Maintenance and Repairs of all Heavy Mobile Equipment on site.
- Participation in safety meetings and site safety programmes
- Follow and ensure compliance with Maintenance Work Management Processes
- Use of computerised maintenance systems (1SAP)
- Prioritise work to meet shift objectives
- Liaise with other Departments to coordinate activities
- Complete and validate Shift Reports and document all issues requiring follow up
- Commissioning, fault finding and repair
- Operation of areas of mobile equipment within limits of competence and training
- Carrying out checks on equipment as required
- Undertaking housekeeping and housekeeping inspections
- Accurate completion of documentation including work order close out comments, drawings and technical reports as necessary
- Facilitating shift changeovers
- Attend Maintenance / Planning meetings as required
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess the following experience and skills,
- Exposure to Liebherr R996B, R9400, R9250, Hitachi EX1200, EX2500 or Epiroc PV271
- Previous experience in mineral processing preferred, but not essential
- High Risk Tickets
- Forklift, Crane Dogging and Rigging
- HR license, Fire suppression, Air con.
- Strong practical experience in a relevant trade role within heavy industry.
- A Minimum of HR class driver’s license is a requirement for this role.
Your technical strengths will be complemented by excellent engagement and communication skills. Proactive, credible and influential, you relate well with people, communicating confidently and building strong working relationships with key stakeholders
You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.