|Job Type:||Part Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Based at Goonyella Riverside Mine and reporting to the Superintendent Overburden Analysis & Improvement (A&I), you will be responsible for identifying and progressing improvement initiatives within the overburden team through analysing data, developing business cases and executing projects that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for driving outcomes through your focus and understanding of analytics, and capable of following through to improvement identification and subsequent implementation activity. Translating recommendations and business case information into tangible, achievable milestones and working with your team and stakeholders to deliver outcomes is essential to the success of this role. Execution of existing and upcoming projects will also be undertaken as required.
The roster is 5:2 residential however, flexible work options will be considered with camp accommodation and meals provided.
**Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis and Improvement you will also be responsible for the following:
- Implement processes to collect and analyse production data to enable development of accurate inputs into site planning processes;
- Assist in the building and maintaining of data management and analysis systems;
- Analyse production data to identify and priorities opportunities for productivity improvements;
- Execute improvement projects as identified by site priorities;
- Monitor production performance against plan;
- Update operating standards, procedures, work instructions and control systems to deliver safe productivity of mining equipment;
- Lead and participate in safety interactions in the field, and identify and execute safety improvement projects;
- Develop effective cross-functional relationships including with other Analysis and Improvement teams;
- Partner with other stakeholders and provision advice in analysis of performance indicators and metrics as well as support integration of improvement initiatives and ensure alignment to intent; and
- Perform analysis of performance of technical processes and work processes including adherence to production schedule and identify areas for improvement of future plans, designs, schedules and compliance.
You will have experience in a similar position where you are able to demonstrate your comprehensive analytical and business improvement skills that have led to bottom line improvements. Ideally, you will have experience in open cut mining operations. You will also have strong verbal communication and engagement skills will demonstrate that you are capable of developing cross-functional relations and able to partner with and influence stakeholders.
Your strong written communication skills are founded by experienced analytical and presentation abilities allowing you to effectively communicate with your peers. You will have an overriding commitment to working safely and ensuring everyone goes home safe every day.
Experience with business improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing, and use of data management and analysis tools such as Spotfire or Corvus, would be highly beneficial. Relevant tertiary qualifications would be highly valued.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**