|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Operations Credit Ops
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010800
Our Mortgages Credit Team is responsible for assessing mortgage applications to only eligible deals, to minimise risk to the Bank and provide exceptional service to our brokers and exceed customer expectations.
A large part of the role to work with our stakeholders and vendors to strengthen our relationship and aim towards first call resolution.
The role will also be responsible for ensuring credit applications are managed within agreed Service Levels as well as management of escalations received via the Sales channel. .
The person in this role will perform record management; daily statistics; daily allocation of applications; as well as providing coaching, training (upskilling) and feedback to any direct reports
Your key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the timely allocation of New Business and Variations applications, inclusive of any Review Required follow ups.
- Timely responses to emails/requests for information received.
- Responsible to ensure Credit Officer applications are processed as per BCPPM which requires accountability of file management from allocation to final approval.
- Responsible to ensure applications are managed within agreed Service Levels.
- Responsible for coaching Credit Officers to ensure they are producing professional, clear and concise communication to brokers and customers and sales team where required, both over the phone and in writing throughout the stages of the assessment process. This includes approvals, declines and requests for further information.
- Responsible for cross-skilling credit officers in both New Business & Variations.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Business Development Managers & Mortgage Specialists, customers and brokers
- Liaise with Risk and Mortgage Product where exceptions are required
- Manage all workqueues and ensure applications are signed within SLA
- Action 2nd signatures within your delegation
- Review files & CA documents prior to forwarding to Risk for approval
- Ensure Credit Officers are managing post settlement clarifications received regarding non maintenance of settled applications .
- Proactively identify improvements to service and efficiency, this may include suggesting changes to Credit Risk Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Keep abreast with Market changes and adhere to Policies and Procedure including Policy and Process bulletins.
- Adhere to timeframes on Compliance Training & Quality Assurance.
- Prepare MIS reports for Risk/Control meetings
To be successful in this position you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in Secured Credit Lending and managing a team
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders across multiple business channels
- Strong financials skills sets
- Have the ability to manage both internal and external clients’ expectations
- Experience in an operational environment within banking and finance
- High level of computer literacy in Word/Excel/Power Point
- Demonstrated understanding of implications of working in a regulated environment.
- Organization and attention to detail demonstrated
- Effective prioritization skills involving multiple key stakeholders
- Ability to manage and track deliverables from a number of stakeholders and escalate when required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment with multiple tasks
- Ability to work without supervision
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.