|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sedgman Pty Limited is the CIMIC Group’s mineral processing company and is a leading provider of mineral processing and associated infrastructure solutions to the global resources industry. In addition to our focus in the resources industry, the Sedgman Consulting business provides consulting services to our clients across the Energy & Resources, Infrastructure, Property & Buildings and Environment sectors.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
Sedgman Pty Ltd is seeking interest from suitably qualified personnel for New Century- the plant consists of a feed preparation stage, grinding circuit, flotation circuit with ultrafine grinding, and then through thickening with the final product transported via pipeline to Karumba Port for shipping.
To assist in achieving our end goal, we are currently looking for motivated Operators / Process Technicians with good communication skills to join our Sedgmans New Century Processing team.
What does this role involve?
- Ensure Safety, Environmental and Production KPIs are achieved
- Perform work as directed by the Operations Supervisor in the process areas of Feed
- Perform regular plant inspections to monitor condition and report defects
- Raise notifications for corrective work when identified
- Assist in maintenance tasks when required
- Review Operator manuals and procedures as required
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Complete safety and pre-start inspections in accordance with statutory and site policies
- Eliminate and control detected hazards
- Report all safety issues, hazards, incidents as per site procedures.
What are we looking for in our future team member?
- Drivers Licence
- Confined Space
- Working at Heights.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Fabrication Trade Certificate would be advantageous.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years proven previous operating experience in a base metals processing plant.
Desired skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in Milling, thickening, pipeline operations, and an understanding of isolations and Permit to work systems
- Basic computer skills, experience in Maintenance Management Systems
- Honesty, strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to create a harmonious working environment and be a team player.