|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Design to achieve integration of mine design data between the mine schedulers, mine designers and mine operations. The outcome is zero delay data transfer such that mine planning can be located remote from the mine operations.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, with residential 5/2 or FIFO 5/2, 4/3 roster options available.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Implement and maintain Mine design and Drill & Blast functions in the chosen mine planning software
- Identifies and implements improvement initiatives, specifically (but not limited to) lead of the project to resolve data issues between planning team, software vendor, equipment vendor(s) and mine operations, implement electronic Drill & Blast mine plans etc
- Provides input to Production Planning and collates the specialised data required to enable formation of the production plan
- Provides inputs to Production Planning to assist in the formation of the (week +1) schedule
- Provides technical input into the (week +1, 3 month, 2 year) plans
- Communicates with RP&D for technical expertise and support
- Undertakes face mapping, logging of blast holes
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field are preferred
- Completion of Mine Engineering training
- Expertise in Drill & Blast electronic plans
- Proven experience in developing cloud hosted mine plan and schedule solutions
- Excellent communication and document management skills
- Demonstrated exposure to mining software
How to apply
Please apply online before 21st May 2019.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.