|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. This role is based in Adelaide, offering quality standard of living without the high costs of most other Australian capital cities. Adelaide offers a Mediterranean climate, beach-side lifestyle, cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants and world class wine regions just an hour away. All this plus an annual international festivals and events calendar makes Adelaide a vibrant, cultured, friendly environment to live, work and play in. Reporting to the Manager Mine Planning to design, monitor and improve critical ventilation systems that protect the health and safety of underground employees. There is a substantial data management component to this role which includes defining and maintaining planning and scheduling data, essential to ensuring accurate mine plans. You will also have an agenda to improve visibility of information which is a key input for strategic decision making at Olympic Dam.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, with residential 5/2 or FIFO 5/2, 4/3 roster options available.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Design and manage the primary ventilation network to meet long term requirements
- Ensure the long term ventilation strategy aligns with respective plans and budgets
- Communicate ventilation plans and ideas with Senior Ventilation Engineers and ventilation coordinators
- Management and scoping of consultancy support for the ventilation function
- Support the radiation control team to maintain legislative requirements
- Recommend maintenance strategies for maintaining ventilation assets as well as assist in training of mine personnel to increase site baseline ventilation knowledge
- Coach the Data Management and Long Term Planning Ventilation team day to day
- Maintain and monitor instrumentation programs and ventilation
- Plan and manage improvement projects
- Data collection, data interpretation/analysis and data reporting activities
- Additional data management activities such as access management, configuration maintenance and system integration
- Maintain data integrity to a high standard and QA/QC within Mine Planning as required
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field are preferred
- Previous exposure to the mining and minerals processing industries in a similar role also preferred
- Ability to match ventilation strategies to the long term mine plan
- Passionate about data structure and have a good awareness and understanding of working with live data in a production environment
- Advanced knowledge of CAD for analysing data and mine design purposes and behind the scenes management of CAD libraries/strings
- Sound understanding of data and ways it can be analysed and applied for economic benefits
- Proven ability to influence, coach and mentor teams
- Ability to operate at multiple levels and disciplines as well as quickly and constructively work across relevant departments and teams
How to applyPlease apply online before 21st May 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.