|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Rolling Stock Services has an exciting opportunity for a ‘Senior Supply Chain & Procurement Manager “to join our team, located in Pakenham, VIC. The first of Melbourne's 65 next-generation trains has arrived at the newly-built Integrated Testing Facility at our Pakenham East Depot, where it will be rigorously tested over the coming months to ensure safety and reliability.
The position of Senior Supply Chain & Procurement Manager HCMT will be responsible for the supply chain mobilisation of the East Pakenham site and accountable for sourcing the right parts, per the right strategy, at the right cost, at the right time for the HCMT project.This role will support the GM Procurement & Supply Chain in the delivery of agreed objectives, in line with Downer RSS procurement strategy to ensure the HCMT project has a robust strategic procurement plan that delivers long term stability and financial benefits aligned to the RSS EBIT targets and TLS business objectives. The strategic procurement plan will shape the sourcing of parts, materials and services for site mobilisation, overhaul and maintenance activity by establishing supply plans from supplier to site, develop and coordinate logistics processes from parts receivable to lineside. This will involve partnering with suppliers, employing supply chain best practice and leveraging upon new systems, technologies and processes to support the overarching goal of delivering value to our customers and best in class performance, reducing operating costs and improving efficiency and reliability of the assets.
This role will be a key leader in the development of a ‘greenfield’ site with the expectation of developing a ‘benchmark’ level of performance through the application of lean principles. This role with go through the phases from project mobilisation to running the ‘business as usual’ operation. The role currently has 2 direct reports with a view to expand in the future if required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Management of site mobilisation and readiness of the HCMT Maintenance site at East Pakenham across the procurement and supply chain functions, in readiness for Day 1 operations and increasing to peak operations over the next 18-24mths
- Leadership of Supply Chain & Procurement functions to ensure clear master schedules are developed with alignment and cascading of targets across the team to ensure all project plans are aligned to the overarching objective
- Accountability of development of a Procurement Register that captures all project key miles stones, deliverables, performance vs budget and utilisation of this critical data to escalate risk to the core stakeholder group
- Supply Planning & Materials Management
- Developments of material supply plans (forecasts) and communicate with supplier to meet the production requirements
- Managing materials through the expediting of parts to ensure zero impact to production, and coordinating supplier non-conformances or delivery delays
- Establish and manage inventory levels in accordance with operating requirements & costs, with regular cycle counts, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Detailed cost analysis to determine spend profile across categories and model the predicted spend profile of HCMT FCAC for finance planning and risk management
- Develop strategic plans for procurement categories in conjunction with TLS Procurement
- Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring the HCMT procurement and supply chain function serves the wider RSS requirements of the business, whilst providing direction over the HCMT procurement & supply chain function (suppliers, process, governance)
- Leadership of procurement and supply chain team, providing direction, guidance, coaching and mentoring to the team to ensure alignment to the overarching RSS business objectives.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications within a procurement, supply chain, engineering and/or logistics related discipline (post graduate qualifications in Procurement & Supply Chain MICPS is preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in procurement within heavy industry, asset management, manufacturing, engineering or construction logistics environment
- Previous experience within the rail industry (preferred)
- Previous experience in leading a procurement or supply chain function with experience leading people
- Demonstrated experience in change management, process improvement and system reform
- Track record of successful supplier negotiations, relationship management and cost reductions
- Experience in a similar role with a solid background in best practice supply chain and procurement functions
This a 2 year fixed term role and an exciting time to join Downer Rail. An attractive salary package on offer for the successful candidate. This role can be based at our new Pakenham site or our Collins Street CBD office, however regular travel between these two locations will be required.
If you are interested, please click “Apply now” or for further information contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note Downer does not accept applications sent directly via email)