|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Sales team at Castrol are seeking a self-motivated, driven and result-orientated field-based Sales Manager for the Mining and Industrial sector of our business. Located in Mackay and the surrounding territory, the successful individual will take ownership for the achievement of volume and gross margin sales targets through driving exceptional regional results.
The successful individual will be a team-minded individual who enjoys building strong stakeholder and business relationships and is able to perceive and act on new business opportunities seeking support where necessary. Comfortable with regional travel (up to 50% of the role) a field-based role allows for, you’re excited about forming a critical part of Castrol’s success in growing its lubricants Mining and Industrial brand, OptiVal, on the East Coast.
- Achieve sales and profit targets whilst ensuring volume and CPL targets are met
- Develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within customer base
- Initiate, prepare and deliver innovative solutions based proposals to Customer working closely within the LUBENet® excellence framework.
- Develop a territory sales plans in line with the Marketing strategy
- Participate in IDM (Influence Decision Maker) functions at the Territory level.
- Managing and control debtors.
- Build and maintain strong partnering relationships across stream, teams and states to ensure effective communication and cross fertilisation of ideas.
- Monitor competitor activity and report to Regional Sales Manager.
- Prepare proposals; detailing costing, presentations, Trading Agreements or other documents as required meeting sales objectives.
- Effectively manage a territory in accordance with World Class Customer Management (WCCM) and CRM tool such as Salesforce.
- Ensure that calls to clients and implementation of sales strategies related to the Business Plan are maximised.
- Manage day to day issues including delivery, invoicing, credit collection, product complaints and product applications
- Relevant qualifications will be viewed favourably.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Previous sales experience, preferably within lubricants
- Previous business development experience, preferably within a field-sales role
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
- Passionate about driving exceptional sales results
- Experience in use of CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferably in mining-based environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated effective understand and implementation of territory sales planning in order to achieve monthly and yearly targets
- Strong time management skills
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
Regional travel will make up approximately 50% of this role. A serviced vehicle will form part of the package for the successful candidate.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
Refer to essential education, experience and job requirements.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP Lubricants is a world-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium lubricating oils and greases. As a proud member of the BP group, our global reach extends into 44 countries and we market our products in over 75. It’s a complex operation of many moving parts – made possible by a close-knit network of over 7,000 talented employees across eleven different functions.
Among us, you’ll find engineers and technologists. Business managers and analysts. We work in offices, in labs, by the race track and on the shop floor. We’re creators, innovators, thinkers and networkers. Graduates, parents, leaders and experts. We share ideas from every background and support every bold ambition. And we benefit from our combined experience, from every walk of life. Together, we’re keeping the world moving. So we’re immensely proud of what we do.