|Job Type:||Part Time|
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Salary:$23,872.00 - $28,437.00 per annum
EM Volunteerism & Cmty Resilience
RFS - NTH COAST
RFS - MARYBOROUGH
Midnight 1 May 2019
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the Role
Provide efficient and effective administrative services to support business operations.
- It is expected that the incumbent will participate in an out of hours on call roster during emergency operations. This may require work outside of normal hours (e.g. night shift), including weekends, working extended hours and may include deployment to other parts of the State.
- The incumbent will be appointed as a staff member of the State Emergency Service.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high standard word processing and administrative support services in accordance with the Departmental Style Guide and records management policies.
- Assist in preparation of minutes, correspondence, reports, presentations and other materials as applicable to the work area.
- Answer telephone and in-person queries from staff and/or volunteers and members of the public including receipting of goods. Remove where not applicable
- Arrange travel, functions and meetings and provide assistance as required.
- Process various administrative and financial documentation necessary for maintenance of departmental records, databases, equipment records/orders and other related matters.
- Undertake general office duties, sorting and distribution of incoming mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, diary control and the maintenance of office supplies and asset records.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of administrative and office procedures and systems to ensure the provision of quality administrative support services to the work area.
- Undertake and support operational duties during emergencies and disasters as necessary.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category– Individual contributor
Performance through Vision
- Understands how their work aligns to organisational objectives
- Acts proactively
- Responds flexibly to change
- Focuses on customers
- Seeks continuous improvement
Performance through Results
- Focuses on performance
- Manage internal and external relationships
- Supports others’ capability development
- Gives constructive feedback
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in analysis
- Applies specialist knowledge and skills
- Commits to personal development
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Peter Hollier, Regional Manager on phone 4190 4821 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.