|Job Type:||Full Time|
$77,352 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go toworking with us at City of Melbourne
*City*of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
You will be an integral part of the Construction Management team where you will be assisting the Permit Inspection and Liaison Officer in the effective delivery of all statutory local law permits and consents. The objective of the Site Services Inspector is to provide effective evaluation, delivery and monitoring of statutory local law permits for Site Services.
Crucial to this role, you will be responsible for ensuring construction activities are effectively managed and that they meet the minimum requirements for maintaining adequate levels of safety and amenity through the delivery of the permit and inspection functions. You will have regular consultation with internal and external stakeholders, site inspections and subsequent enforcement and will be required to ensure construction activities comply with the Local Government Act, Activities Local Law 1999, Road Management Act 2004, Code of Good Practice, Construction Management Plan, Noise and Vibration Guidelines at all times.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Extensive knowledge of building construction, scaffold, gantries and related Local Laws
- Knowledge of Road Management Act and traffic management
- Proven ability to deliver quality services in a range of environments including desk based task utilising property based permit information systems and site inspections liaising with owners, developers, builders and general stakeholders
- Good negotiation and networking skills
- Local Government experience
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Experience in compliance and enforcement of policies and procedures
- Experience in appraisal of temporary structures, scaffolding, gantries, structures and local law permits.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Qualifications relating to Building Inspection, Building Surveying, construction or project management
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Local knowledge of roads related pedestrian and traffic density, buildings in the neighbourhood and construction requirements for road space
- Experience in traffic management legislation, procedures and requirements
- Knowledge of legislation and Acts relevant to the operation of the Branch
- Research and investigation skills.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Luke Hamblin, (Acting) Team Leader Site Services
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
Cityof Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe workingenvironment that embraces and valueschild safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.