|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
Our Global Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) Team currently have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic and committed Business Development Assistant on a 12 month fixed term contract, to based out of our busy Brisbane office.
The Business Development Assistant is a crucial member of the Global BD&M team, the Business Development Assistant role has a significant focus on assisting with the development of capability statements, legal directory/award submissions, as well as the management of publications process and client reporting which are all key to the firm winning business and being recognised as a market leader.
In this role the Business Development Assistant will be directly liaising with the wider BD team & Partners to offer a high level of operational and administrative business development assistance.
A full job description including a breakdown of responsibilities can be found attached to the role on our careers page www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Essential skills and experience:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication - able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard, with an excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong ability to operate firm systems and generate reports/data quickly and accurately
- Collaborative, team-orientated approach with the flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- An innovative mind-set and a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your colleagues, work
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop your role and skillset
- An ability to work with remote teams with an understanding and appreciation of cultural differences in working styles
- Ability to effectively interact with peers and internal clients including senior stakeholders - especially under deadline pressure
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as ability to work within a team and take direction from others.
Desired skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business, marketing or related relevant field
- Ideally, previous relevant experience in a professional services or corporate environment. However, attitude and a willingness to learn is equally important
- Experience with CRM software, including InterAction
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture
- Ability to read and write in Chinese (simplified), Japanese or Indonesian Bahasa will be an advantage
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with a highly professional global team. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.