|Job Type:||Part Time|
Help protect our vibrant school communities
The role of School Crossing Supervisor is held in very high esteem in our communities. In taking on this role, you’ll become vital to the safety of our kids, parents and teachers, and be an important second pair of eyes for local motorists. You’ll also grow to be a much-loved familiar face around the school with a unique opportunity to touch the lives of countless families.
School crossings require 20 hours of supervising per fortnight. Shifts fall between 8:00am – 9.00am and 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday during the school term.
What we’re looking for
We’re searching for people we can rely on to show up for our communities - in good or bad weather. Your good communication skills and alertness to potential dangers will be exercised daily. If you’re someone with good community spirit and a positive energy, we’d love to hear from you.
All other training and equipment will be provided to enable you to work independently.
As you’ll be working with children on our roads, willingness to obtain a Working with Children Check, Police Check, and a Health Assessment is vital. Don’t worry if you haven’t done it before, we will help you through the process!
More information and applications
The base rate for a School Crossing Supervisor is $23.02 - $27.62 per hour.
For further information regarding this position, please review the Role Description
If you’d like more information about this role, please contact Jyoti Gera on 0481 915 653
Please include a short covering letter addressing your suitability for the role with your application.
If you feel you can’t commit fully to the hours required, please consider joining us on a casual basis .
Applicationsclose 11.59pm on Sunday, 12 May 2019
Key Application Responses
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than one page) which addresses:
a) The reason for your interest in this position, and
b) How your skills and experience suit the role
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- Onsite and Offsite training
- A probationary period of three months may apply to this position
- Undergo training in RMS procedures and safe working practices prior to commencement of duty at a designated crossing site and must work in accordance
- Adhere to the work schedules and safety gears provided. For more info visit website www.rmservices.nsw.gov.au .
- School Crossing Supervisors will be provided with the following safety clothing and equipment: RMS hat, RMS safety vest, raincoat with rain cap, rain pants, sunscreen 30+, notebook and pen, bum bag.
- School Crossing Supervisors work on all gazetted school days (gazetted school days include staff development [pupil free days] and strike days). These dates are published on the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) website www.rmservices.nsw.gov.au
- School Crossing Supervisors will be trained in RMS procedures and safe working practices prior to commencement of duty at a designated crossing site and must work in accordance