|Location:||New South Wales|
Causal work to protect our kids
Becoming a School Crossing Supervisor is a great way to earn an income without making great compromises on your time. You’ll become vital to the safety of our kids, parents and teachers, and be an important second pair of eyes for local motorists. The role is held in very high esteem in our communities and touches the lives of families everywhere.
The base rate for this role is $27.62 per hour. Shifts fall between the school zones hours 8.00am to 9.30am and 2.30pm to 4.00pm, with a minimum of one, one hour shift as and when required Monday to Friday during the school term.
You’re someone with the discipline to show up for our communities - in good or bad weather. You have good communication skills, community spirit and a positive energy.
As you’ll be working with children on our roads, candidates must be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check, Police Check, and a Health Assessment. Don’t worry if you haven’t done it before, we will help you through the process!
All other training and equipment will be provided to enable you to work independently.
For further information regarding this position, please review the Role Description
If you’d like more information about this role, please contact Jyoti Gera on 0481 915 653 or go to www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and Quote 00006YZE to apply.
Please include a short covering letter addressing your suitability for the role with your application.
Applicationsclose 11.59pm on Sunday, 12 May 2019
Key Application Responses
To apply for this position, please submit aresume and brief covering letter (no longer than one page) which addresses:
a) The reason for your interest in thisposition, and
b) How your skills and experience suit therole
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time ofappointment
- Onsite and Offsite training
- A probationary period of three months may apply to thisposition
- Undergo training in RMS procedures and safe workingpractices prior to commencement of duty at a designated crossing site and mustwork in accordance
- Adhere to the work schedules and safety gearsprovided. For more info visit website www.rmservices.nsw.gov.au.
- School Crossing Supervisors will be provided with thefollowing safety clothing and equipment: RMS hat, RMS safety vest, raincoatwith rain cap, rain pants, sunscreen 30+, notebook and pen, bum bag.
- School Crossing Supervisors work on all gazetted school days(gazetted school days include staff development [pupil free days] and strike days).These dates are published on the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) website www.rmservices.nsw.gov.au
- School Crossing Supervisors will be trained in RMSprocedures and safe working practices prior to commencement of duty at adesignated crossing site and must work in accordance.