|Location:||Perth, WA, AU +1 more…|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Support observatory operations activities in Western Australia.
- Work closely with the Head of WA Observatory Operations
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) manages CSIRO's world-class facilities for radio astronomy and spacecraft tracking. CASS is internationally renowned for its radio astronomy research and engineering expertise and is helping to shape the Square Kilometre Array (SKA). CSIRO's radio astronomy observatories are collectively known as the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF) and comprise of radio telescopes at observatories near the towns of Parkes, Coonabarabran and Narrabri NSW. A fourth telescope, the next-generation Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder (ASKAP), has recently commenced full operations at the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory (MRO) in Western Australia. Additionally, CSIRO has been selected to operate and maintain a deep space tracking facility at New Norcia Western Australia on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA).
As the Operations Support Coordinator, you will be part of the ATNF Operations Program to support observatory operations activities in Western Australia.
Your duties will include
- Coordinate CSIRO's enterprise/outreach/educational activities under the MRO Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA).
- Coordinate MRO stakeholder activities and support CSIRO's engagement with scientific users of the MRO.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff and stakeholders in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO's reputation.
- Provide executive support to the Head of WA Observatory Operations.
Perth or Geraldton, Western Australia
AU$97K – AU$105K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification (or equivalent experience) in one or more relevant fields, such as Science, Law, Education, Humanities, Business, Aboriginal and Indigenous studies.
- Previous experience in an operations support role including working with senior management.
- Excellent communication, literacy and editing skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas both verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Strong project coordination skills, including previous experience working closely with, and providing support to, Senior Management.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience, including the ability to build strong working relationships based on trust and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems and develop appropriate responses through abstract thinking and using creative solutions.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:59 AEST Sunday, 5th May, 2019.