|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit ashurst.com
About the opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM). Working on a full time basis out of our Sydney office, the BDM will be working in conjunction with the Global Strategic Advisory Co-Lead and respective Australian Partners.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role will be in the form of; Practice Management, Client Relationship Management and Opportunity Management. The BDM will work with practice heads across the Tax division to develop and execute a go-to-market strategic strategy, they will undertake client facing activities with client relationship Partners, to deepen relationships within a focused portfolio of key clients to drive profitable revenue growth. The BDM will also be responsible for panel pitches for both the designated clients directly managed by the BDM and/or strategically important pitches within Strategic Advisory.
More information on the role and team can be found in the Job Description attached to the role on our website www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a professional services BD environment or a Strong Tax background with an interest in Business Development
- Demonstrated experience of leading and coaching teams on pursuits and clients
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client's perspective into the frame
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Gravitas, authority, diplomacy and strong communication and influencing skills
- Strategic thinker with strong focus on execution
- Ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with the BD and legal teams
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.